Difference between HootSuite and TweetDeck

A fellow Social Media friend recommended Hootsuite and then I came across TweetDeck. Like any good researcher, I decided to see what others have found before I begin to analyze these two products on my own. I did a quick Google search on the “difference between hootsutie and tweetdeck” and got ~57K results. Great, I’ve got some reading to do.

Based on my preliminary scan, the decision will be based on personal preference (duh!). At first glance, Tweetdeck has a few different ways to use the product. Desktop and Chromo would be my only options given I’m not a iPhone/Pad user. I haven’t used Chromo much and I prefer Firefox as my browser, so my only preferred option is the Desktop app. Given that social media should be easy to use, not platform specific and as portable as possible, I fear I will be limiting myself if I go with the Tweetdeck desktop app. (e.g. What happens when I use the many other computers we have at home/work?)

I choose HootSuite. I’ve been adding social sites and so far I’m not a fan. It’s really slow and only allows WordPress.com, if you are a WordPress.org user (like me) you are S.O.L.

I’m going to let it go for today….getting too frustrated!

One Comment

1. JC says:

I use Tweetdeck at work from my desktop. It allows me to send one tweet, and it updates both my twitter account and my FB status. You do have to load the free tweetdeck on every computer that you want to use it from.

IS&T uses Hootsuite to manage their twitter/FB accounts. It allows many users access to the same account. I don’t know much about it, as I’m not trained in it’s use, but I think they picked it because of it’s usability, and because MIT Medical uses it and sung it’s praises.

That’s all I have to say about that…